Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Taylor Oller: A Word from an MKC Intern

My name is Taylor Oller and I am an MKC agronomy intern at Haven this summer. I am from the small town of Partridge, Kan., and currently enrolled at Kansas State University to pursue a degree in agricultural education with a minor in agronomy. My summer internship has given me opportunity for many first hand experiences and knowledge I believe will help me along my education and career path. I have also met and worked alongside many amazing people who have helped me with my endeavors this summer.


Growing up, I always helped my parents at harvest time even if it was mostly riding along in the wheat truck. Like every summer of my life, the beginning of my internship revolved around wheat harvest. I helped everywhere from working the scale, grading the wheat, learning how the elevator runs and even complete a summer project over Haven’s harvest time efficiency. I have worked as a scale girl before, but nothing with this much depth and learning along with it.

I also had the chance to receive a broader view of the agronomy side of the MKC. I had the opportunity to help plant a test plot, learn about our chemical and fertilizer processes, and even got to ride in a spray rig. All of these are new experiences have opened my eyes to the field of agronomy as a whole.

I am incredibly grateful for all of the knowledge and opportunities MKC has given me this summer. My mentors and co-workers are always there to help me and answer my questions. When MKC employees say, “Shared growth. Shared success.” they are not messing around. When one person grows, we all grow. When one person succeeds, we all succeed. This has been one of the biggest takeaways from my internship thus far. There is still plenty more to learn this summer and I cannot wait to see what is in store!  

Sincerely,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment